Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our third follow up with the cardiologist and the results are in....

We are truly blessed! Thank you God for all that you have blessed us with and for hearing our prayers!

We had our third follow up with Cruz's cardiologist to find out how his tiny holes in his heart were coming along. We were told that he had three tiny holes in various areas in his heart (PDA, PFO, & one other near the bottom). Although tiny and no medications to be taken, they were still there and until they are closed 100% we still had that tiny bit of worry hanging above our heads. So the test are in and the Dr. was pleased to tell me that Cruz is a remarkable kid. "It is rare to see kids with DS whose hearts develop like Cruz's has, I don't get the chance to see positive results this often and it makes me happy for Cruz to see that his heart has develop amazingly well.", told to us by Dr. Sandweiss. He followed up by telling us that 2 of the three openings have closed 100%, cease to exist! The third one (PFO) is so tiny it is possible to live a full life expectancy without problems. We do not have to return for three years, at which time Dr. Sandweiss expects third opening to be closed.
I could not help but call everyone closest to me and while telling them the great news I was overwhelmed with the news I couldn't not hold back my tears of joy for my son!!!!!
Cruz is a fighter and a strong boy, he continues to beat his own odds.

No comments: